Rant #4 Credit Card Companies, the worst FUCKIN' companies I’ve ever encountered!

The credit card companies are the worst, not only do they charge you high assed interest rates whenever it suits them, they also try and force you to use your credit cards whether you want to or not. Use it or else! Use it or we’ll raise your interest rates. Use it or we’ll cut you credit limit. Use it or your credit rating will fall. How in the hell can they get away with this bullshit. How can they say use it or we’ll do something to you, isn’t that like extortion, it definitely sounds, if not feels, criminal.

You try and keep one card with a good interest rate and a descent credit limit clean, tucked away for when you really need it. If the furnace goes out in the winter, or the air conditioner in the summer, if your other cards were maxed out or nearly maxed out, there’s was a spare. Need to go and see a sick relative, break out with the spare card; it has a couple thousand limit, no problem. Car breaks down, or you have an accident and the car becomes un-drivable, now you need to pay a deductable, spar card. Hell, it doesn’t even have to be a spare card, what if it’s just for emergencies.

But the credit card people say that’s wrong, you can’t keep a card of theirs as a spare or emergency card, that you can only keep it if you use it. Why? What’s the harm in keeping a card as a spare or for emergencies? They just can’t let you get away without paying them something. They say buy something or we’ll raise your interest rates. Buy something or we’ll reduce your credit limit. Knowing all the time that this will affect your credit scores as well and in most cases causing it to drop. They don’t give a shit that you’ve worked pretty hard getting that score.

I can understand that they want something for issuing a card and maintaining an account for you, fine, put it in writing. Don’t just lower my credit limit without even notifying me beforehand, allowing me to think I’ve more credit than I really do. And that’s what started this rant. When I went to activate my card and was informed by a customer assistant that my credit card was only good for three-hundred dollars. WTF? I’m being penalized for not using the card, what kind of a rule is that?


Chase Bank, which is my bank, they also hold my credit cards, so I can give my opinion about the services I receive, are the worst. They’ve done everything from raise my interest rates because… now get this; I didn’t opt-out of some agreement that I still don’t understand. Opt-out, I have to opt-out of getting my interest rates raised, who would opt-in for something like that. Did they actually assume that I opted-in to have my interest rates raised, that’s ridiculous? And that’s just the beginning, I could go on and on, but I think I’ve gotten my point across. There’s a lot of BS in what banks and other credit card issuers do, unfair practices, insane rules buried deep in legalese. I’m thinking about going old school; I’ll use cash!

Comments

Popular Posts