First the Rant Then the Rest

Rant #1 It had to happen, I told you I was gonna do it, I’m gonna rant!. Today I’m going to rant about being called an “African American”. I’m not an “African American”. I’ve never even met a family member who’d ever heard of any other family member from Africa. I could be a descendant from Jamaica or Haiti. Now I realize that even they once lived in Africa, but if we’re going that far back, then everybody is from is from Africa, it is said to be the birth place of man. Everybody in this country, except for “Native Americans” is from somewhere else at one time, but I don’t see anybody using “European American” or some other label just because of the color of their skin. I’m an American, nothing more, nothing less. And it’s not just me, a few of my friends have said the same thing, so I’m not alone, just out numbered. Am I wrong? Am I even saying it right? I don’t know, but that’s why it’s called a rant.

Now that that’s over I’ve decided to try and learn to be a decent photographer. To begin I’ve purchased a Kodak C653 6.1 MP camera, it’s all I could afford, and have already taken and uploaded my first, and what I consider decent, pictures. They can be found at voidentertainment.com

I’ve also decided to try and write my graphic novel. I’d been writing little pieces of it for years, well, at least in my head. I’m going to have to write it on a computer; I’d never be able to write it by hand, my handwriting is shit. But I’m not an expert at any of these two things I've chosen to take on, I'm not even a good amateur yet, so I’m going to have to do some learning if I’m going to be any good at either.

Comments

Popular Posts